Error: getenv cannot be interpreted at compile time

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 17 11:17:41 PST 2015

I'd like to create a Terminal using terminal.d and make it
available across several source files (as a global rather than
having to pass it around) but when I define it like this in
global scope:

Terminal Screen = Terminal(ConsoleOutputType.cellular);

I get this error:

Error: getenv cannot be interpreted at compile time, because it
has no available source code

I don't understand the error and Google doesn't help - can it be
fixed or am I just using the wrong approach?

TIA

Paul