GC deadlocks on linux

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 20 01:04:29 PST 2015

On Thursday, 19 February 2015 at 22:12:03 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> I'm not sure what the issue here is, but I don't think forking
> is as unstable as you seem to think, or maybe I'm reading this
> wrong. I can agree there are many gotchas with forking.

You need to very carefully configure what happens to resources
before/after forking. So if you use third party libraries with
threading all bets are off... If you fork early in the process'
lifespan, before acquiring resources, then it is much easier...

http://linux.die.net/man/2/fork