curl password issue

via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 23 08:58:15 PST 2015

On Monday, 23 February 2015 at 16:10:42 UTC, Andre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Curl has some issues with passwords containing special
> characters
> like the hash key (#).
> The password will not be accepted although it is correctly
> set with the method setAuthencication("user", "pass1234#");
>
> I know this is more a Curl issue than a DLang issue but it
> is very frustrating and for unexperienced users very hard to
> find out why the application is working for some users
> and for some others not...
>
> Could the documentation for setAuthentication could be enhanced?
>
> Kind regards
> André

Sure. You can make a pull request. The documentation in question
is here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/net/curl.d#L1809
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/net/curl.d#L2411

Alternatively, you can suggest a text here, and I or some else
will submit one.