Will D have a standard cross platform GUI toolkit?

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 13:30:57 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 18:20:12 UTC, Rinzler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if D will have a standard cross platform GUI
> toolkit.
>
> I think that any modern language should provide a
> cross-platform GUI toolkit. I know that there are some GUI
> toolkits, but are there cross-platform? Are there serious
> works? That is, will them always be supported and evolve along
> with the D programming language?
>
> I think that having bindings of a GUI toolkit for a programming
> languages can be useful, but they have to be well supported.
>
> Will QT support D programming language? I really love the Qt
> framework (except from the fact it's not open source, as far as
> I know), even though I have not used it a lot.
>
> I have to admit that I love D, even if I did not start
> programming with it. It seems it combines the most useful
> things of C++ and Java, which are my favourite programming
> languages.
>
> Maybe there are other questions already in the forum, since I
> am new, I don't know, but a new question, more up to date, can
> also be useful.
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

There were several discussions about the std gui in the past. And
the current state is not so bad. There are some big contributions
  in the gui domain. However the complexity of the topic is so hi
that there is no *standard* gui for D for the time being.

However I've been trying to start with the concept of DIP73
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP73
(I'm the submitter and the only executor ;) with the hope that
there is a chance.

Currently I'm choosing some example ideas of new modules
(including database and gui especially).

Piotrek