Will D have a serious dedicated well supported IDE like Visual Studio or Eclipse?

AJ via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 20:12:49 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 20:23:10 UTC, Rinzler wrote:
> I a beginner with D, actually I have almost done nothing. I am
> using a Mac, and Xamarin Studio seem to be the best choice, but
> I am not even able to make it auto-complete the standard
> library. Does anybody know how to do it?

I am in the same boat and totally agree.  It's tough going from
the user-experience of IntelliJ IDEA or Visual Studio back to vi
on OS X with D.  There seems to be a large hole in support for D
debugging outside of Visual D (line numbers, variable values,
etc).  I was hoping to use D for a new project, but I don't feel
the tools are ready yet.