import std.random fails

ixid via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 5 07:59:16 PST 2015

On Friday, 31 August 2012 at 22:52:13 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, September 01, 2012 00:40:25 deed wrote:
>> ----
>> import std.random
>>
>> void main() {}
>> ---
>>
>> results in:
>>
>> Error 42: Symbol Undefined
>> _D4core6memory2GC6qallocFkkZS4core6memory8BLkInfo_
>> Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core6memory2GC6extendFPvkkZk
>> Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core5bitop3bsrFNaNbkZi
>> --- errorlevel 3
>>

>> What is wrong?
>
> You druntime installation is bad due to some cruft left from a
> previous
> install (the installer obviously needs some work). If you used
> an installer,
> then uninstall dmd, make sure that it's completely removed, and
> then reinstall
> it.
>
> If you installed it manually, then make sure that you blow away
> druntime's
> import directory and then restore it with the current version
> of those files.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I am having this issue now. What else would I need to do other
than uninstall and reinstall D on Windows to get it working? I
tried that and it's not fixed it. Importing std.random in my own
module which is in the project directory fails to find the symbol
while importing std.algorithm works fine. Importing std.random in
main.d works fine as well.

Error	1	Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D7objects12__ModuleInfoZ