Any chance of a linux dtoh?

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 6 06:08:30 PST 2015

I realize Walter has far better things to work on, but value of
having a translation tool is considerable, since it opens up easy
access to an enormous range of libraries.  It is not much work to
do the translation oneself, but in the world as it is small
frictions cumulatively have large consequences.  Access to
libraries is a big advantage of python, and the like.  Once you
have the wrapper in place, I find D as productive as python, but
for now it is still a bit of work first.

There is also dstep, but this doesn't seem to compile right now,
and I don't have time to figure out why and fix it.  (I took a
look, and it is not so easy to figure out).  Something
mambo/tango related.  I have raised a bug report.

Laeeth