How to prevent sensitive information is displayed when the extension 'exe' is modified to 'txt' on windows?

Danny via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 02:11:36 PST 2015

Hi,

sigh, so I have to annoy you with the truth...

On Tuesday, 6 January 2015 at 17:15:28 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
> How to prevent sensitive information is displayed when the
> extension 'exe' is modified to 'txt' on windows?

By not putting it in in the first place. Everything else is no
good in the end. Encryption, xoring, everything is almost useless
for that purpose.

> If you build a exe ,such as which can get Data from
> DataBase,when you modify the exe's  extension to 'txt',
> and you open it by notepad.exe (on windows),you will find the
> info,it's important for me,so how to stop  the info to display
> ?

Do you mean find the password? (I don't see that field in your
example)

Remove the password field and let the operating system care of
auth forwarding to the database server. Then create all the users
on your database and make sure to set their permissions right.
That way, your computer and the database server will negotiate
whether they let the user in and it's their problem. I always do
it like that. Also, that way, you already have existing
permission management tools (in the dbms).

If you don't want to grant them permission on the table, don't.
Create a view with the harmless info and grant them permission to
that. Likewise, if you want to completely abstract it away,
create stored procedures in the database as the interface for
your app and grant them only permission to execute them.

> Trusted_Connection=Yes    \

Well, now I don't see what the problem you are trying to solve
is. You are doing as outlined above already.

So what is the problem you are trying to solve?