D Beginner Trying Manual Memory Management

aldanor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 08:08:15 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 08:33:57 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:07:13 +0000
> aldanor via Digitalmars-d-learn
> <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I see, thanks! :) I've started liking structs more and more
>> recently as well and been pondering on how to convert a
>> class-based code that looks like this (only the base class has
>> any data):
> it's hard to tell by brief description. but having multiple
> inheritance
> immediately rings an alarm ring for me. something is
> very-very-very
> wrong if you need to have a winged whale. ;-)
A real-world example:
http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/cpplus_RM/hierarchy.html

H5::File is both an H5::Location and H5::CommonFG (but not an
H5::Object)
H5::Group is both an H5::Object (subclass of H5::Location) and
H5::CommonFG
H5::Dataset is an H5::Object