How to avoid invalid memory operation errors (and more) in DLLs?

Heinz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 08:27:31 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 13:51:08 UTC, John Colvin wrote:

> Would it be possible for you to file this as a bug at
> issues.dlang.org ?

While trying to file this issue, I was simplifing my test case
and in the process I was able to make it not crash, but now
core.thread.Thread.getThis().name() is always empty, even if i
__gshared everything so i guess this is one of those non
trackable, non fixable issues that default TLS introduced.

This is so confusing and frustrating right now, I can't report
this as a bug because I was able to fix the crash, but I wasn't
able to obtain the desired results in my program, maybe a
programming or implementation error?

I'm taking a break right now with D, I've been stuck for too long
with these threading/tls issues. I need vacations.