import conflicts

AndyC via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 11:01:14 PST 2015

Hi all, I'm trying to write my first actual app that'll go into
production.  My file starts with this set of imports:

import std.stdio, std.string, std.json, std.process, std.conv,
std.file,
	core.sys.posix.syslog, tinyredis.redis;
import core.sys.posix.unistd: chdir;
import core.sys.posix.sys.stat: mkdir, umask;
import core.thread: Thread, dur;
import core.stdc.stdlib: exit;

At some point in code I have added:

if (exists("lastUpdate.7z")) {
   remove("lastUpdate.7z");
}

Now I get compile errors:

autoupdate.d(183): Error: std.file.remove at
/usr/include/dmd/phobos/std/file.d(429) conflicts with
core.stdc.stdio.remove at
/usr/include/dmd/druntime/import/core/stdc/stdio.d(548)

I'm not importing core.stdc.stdio, so why is it conflicting?

Thanks for your time,

-Andy