druntime build failing because of masm386 problems

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 23:22:57 PST 2015

On Sunday, January 18, 2015 22:19:29 Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Sunday, January 18, 2015 23:21:43 jollie via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > It's been some months since I had this problem pop up, but I just
> >  ran touch on the minit.obj file so make thought it was up to date
> >  and used it.
>
> That did the trick. Thanks. It looks like that has to be done after every
> time I run clean. That definitely sucks.

Oh. It looks like this page has an even better suggestion:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

It suggests creating an empty masm386.bat file in a directory which is in
your path (e.g. C:\dm\bin), and then it'll just work, since masm386 will do
nothing. Still, I'm inclined to think that the makefile should be fixed so
that it just uses the provided object file if can't be rebuilt on the system
anyway.

- Jonathan M Davis