Cross platform Development

AndyC via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 11:56:56 PST 2015

On Friday, 23 January 2015 at 17:32:09 UTC, seany wrote:
> Hello
>
> I read this page, but I still have questions :
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fzbaxwcrbztqedqgmyfu@forum.dlang.org#post-mailman.1142.1332716016.4860.digitalmars-d:40puremagic.com
>
> I also read this :
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1510989/can-c-be-compiled-into-platform-independent-code-why-not
>
> However, I am wondering what are the ways to develop in a
> native 64 bit linux machine, and deploy similar linux machines
> as well as in 64 + 32 bit windowes machines.
>
> Are there ways to do so? I will need some detailed guidance.

I think you need to ask a more detailed question.  Do you want
source compatibility or binary compatibility?

Are you using GUI stuff?  Cuz that's gonna add a world of hurt.

Are you wanting to take a bit of source, compile it, and have
that single executable run on all 32/64/linux/windows machines?
If this is what you want, I'd recommend perl.  One bit of code
... runs everywhere!

-Andy