byKeyValue does not exist for associative arrays

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 16:32:43 PST 2015

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:05:10 Bayan Rafeh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 January 2015 at 11:18:57 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 11:17:03 +0000, Bayan Rafeh wrote:
> >
> >> Apparently byKeyValue does not exist for associative arrays,
> >> should it?
> >>
> >> void main() {
> >>      int[string] a;
> >>      a.byKeyValue(); //Error: byKeyValue doesn't exist.
> >> }
> >>
> >> If it shouldn't could someone remove it from the documentation?
> >>
> >> http://dlang.org/hash-map.html
> >
> > it exists... in current git head. ;-)
>
> I thought the Arch repositories would be a little more up to
> date. Thanks :)

I'd be very surprised if they contained anything but an official release
unless the package was labeled as a git build, so if something is in git
head but not yet in an official release, then it's not likely to be in the
arch repo. My guess would be that the online docs inadvertently contain more
up-to-date information than the most recent release, so the problem is with
the docs.

- Jonathan M Davis