Sqlite

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 10:15:20 PST 2015

I'd like to vary the query based on input but if I try to move
the string out of the sqlite3_exec call like this:

string sqlStatement = "CREATE TABLE people(id INT PRIMARY KEY NOT
NULL, surname TEXT NOT NULL);";
result = sqlite3_exec(db, sqlStatement, &aCallback, null, &msg);

...it won't compile:

Error: function etc.c.sqlite3.sqlite3_exec (sqlite3*,
const(char)* sql,...
is not callable using argument types (sqlite3*, string,...

I can assign using:

const char *sqlStatement = "CREATE TABLE...

So how do I get a constant character pointer that can be modified
at runtime?

Paul