Difference between concatenation and appendation

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 17:17:15 PST 2015

Ok, I just made up that word. But what is the difference between
appending and concatenating?  Page 100 of TPDL says "The result
of the concatenation is a new array..." and the section on
appending talks about possibly needing expansion and reallocation
of memory.

But I still don't feel like I have a grasp on the subtleties
between them. Can someone give a short and sweet "rule of thumb"?

It might be so obvious that I'll regret posting this.

Thanks.