Array List object?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 07:39:04 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 07:18:22AM +0000, Gan via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> Okay now I'm very confused. When I have my program fully hidden behind
> another window, my ram usage goes up without going down. Which my
> program is partly visible it goes up a few mb then returns to the past
> amount of mb.
>
> Is this a bug?

It's hard to say without more information. One possibility is that when
the program is partly visible the GC gets triggered more often, so more
memory gets returned to the OS, whereas when it's not, the GC may be
triggering less often so memory usage increases. But that's just my
guess, it's hard to say unless we know more about what your program
does.

People say I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure about that. -- YHL, CONLANG