I left my program open for 9 hours and it used up 700mb of ram, could someone review it?

Gan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 14:30:12 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 21:36:51 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 28/01/2015 9:59 a.m., Gan wrote:

>>> Thanks. I'll give structs a try.
>>>
>>> When I start the program, it runs fine at 35mb of ram. It
>>> only keeps
>>> 15 objects stored in the arrays at a time so why do you think
>>> my ram
>>> usage increases to 700+ after many hours?
>>
>> Curiously, my CPU usage went from 10% to 5% after I changed to
>> structs
>> on Point and Range. Though my memory still climbs high.
>
> Force a GC.collect() now and again. Disable it at the beginning
> too.

I did a test and ran GC.collect() every loop but my memory usage
continues to rise. I can see how you'd be able to lower CPU usage
by running GC.collect() every now and then but right now I'm
stuck on the memory issue.

Perhaps my problem lies in the C++ library SFML?