tkd - basic compilation problem

Paul via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 1 12:45:02 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 1 July 2015 at 17:43:11 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 at 12:58:21 UTC, Paul wrote:
>
> I really don't understand posts like this when literally all
> information needed is in the README file:
>
> https://github.com/nomad-software/tkd
>
> Just read RTFM.

I read that before posting, specifically the parts that say:

"Tkd requires version 8.6 (or greater) of the Tcl/Tk libraries
installed. A small exception is when creating a self-contained
installation on Windows. See details below. Tcl/Tk itself
requires the x11 libraries installed on Linux only."

and

"On Linux and Mac OSX things are a little easier as both
operating systems have Tcl/Tk installed by default. If however
they do not have the latest version, the libraries can be updated
via their respective package managers. The linked libraries are
libtcl and libtk."

I can't see how they answer the questions I've asked (which
admittedly are more related to the distro that D per se).