etc.c.zlib help

Matthew Gamble via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 1 20:07:41 PDT 2015

I am trying to make the transition from C++ to D. I've hit a snag
with the etc.c.zlib module where any attempt to use this module
to open a file yields an error:
Error 42: Symbol Undefined __lseeki64.

Here is a simple example of code that gives the error upon
compilation.

import std.stdio;
import etc.c.zlib;

void main(string[] args)
{
	char[] fName = "C:\\Users\\Matthew
Gamble\\Documents\\sample.bam\0".dup;
	char[] mode ="r\0".dup;
	gzFile bamFile; //no error here
	bamFile = gzopen(&fName[0],&mode[0]); //this is where the error
hits
}

I'm using DMD32 D Compiler v2.067.1 on a windows 8 64 bit
machine. Working from either Visual D in Visual Studio 2013
Community and Coedit as IDEs gives the error. I'm probably doing
something obviously wrong, so have mercy. If etc.c.zlib is not
the preferred way to read from a binary gzipped file any advice
would be appreciated. Thanks.