How to setup GDC with Visual D?

Guy Gervais via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 4 04:15:57 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 4 July 2015 at 08:34:00 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> It's kinda fascinating that GDC/MinGW seems to work for some
> real world applications.

I haven't really tried a "real world application" as of yet;
mostly small puzzle-type problems to get a feel for D.

I did run into a problem with this code:

     int answer = to!(int[])(split("7946590 6020978")).sum;

It compiles fine under DMD but gives the error "Error: no
property 'sum' for type 'int[]'" with GDC.

> Then 10x larger binaries are indeed caused by debug info. If
> you don't need the debug info you can use the included
> strip.exe to remove it:
>
> strip.exe yourapp.exe

Yes, that helps. My exe went from 6.9MB to 1MB. The DMD exe is
370K.