DUB Different Library Name

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 11 18:17:26 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 11 July 2015 at 16:43:39 UTC, serh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Derelict's Allegro 5 in my DUB project,
> however, when I try to run `dub build` it says it cannot find
> liballegro-5.0.11.so and liballegro-5.0.so.
>
> I have both libraries installed as liballegro.so.5.0.11 and
> liballegro.so.5.0 under my Arch system respectively.
>
> Is there a way to tell DUB that these are the libraries it must
> use without making ugly symlinks?

No Derelict package has a compile-time or link-time dependency on
the libraries they bind. The libraries are loaded at run time.
DUB doesn't know anything about those libraries, so you shouldn't
be seeing such an error with 'dub build'. The only time you
should see it is when trying to run the program. Could you please
post the command line you used and the exact errors you're seeing?