Align object to vector using Dgame framework

codenstuff via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 09:11:01 PDT 2015

I've been using Dgame framework for simple simulations.

I need moving object to be aligned to their velocity vectors.

How is it possible to do that using Dgame?

I see that shape object has setRotation and setRotationCenter.
Not sure how to use these to achieve the effect. I realize that
default is rotation around origin. This causes objects to drift
over time.

Sample code

struct GameObject {
Point **position;
// array of pointers to object points
Point *acceleration;
Point *velocity;
double max_speed;
double max_force;
}

shape = new Shape(Geometry.Quads,
Vertex(object.position[0].x, object.position[0].y),
Vertex(object.position[1].x, object.position[1].y),
Vertex(object.position[2].x, object.position[2].y),
Vertex(object.position[3].x, object.position[3].y))

// rotate shape to face velocity here
shape.move(object.velocity.x, object.velocity.y);