Profile Ouput

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 14 06:35:39 PDT 2015

Perhaps my googlefu has failed me, but I can find anything
describing the output of DMD's -profile switch. I get that
trace.def is a list of all functions called and I understand the
table at the bottom of trace.log. What I'm not sure about is
everything above the table in trace.log, stuff like this:

------------------
	 4000	_Dmain
_D4main6selectFZk	4000	2736	471
	 4000	_D3std6random27__T7uniformVAyaa2_5b29TkTkZ7uniformFNfkkZk

I get that it's telling me that the function main.select is
called 4000 times and that it, in turn, calls std.random.uniform
4000 times. What I not clear about is the 2736 and the 471. They
match none of the times int the table below, where main.select
has a Tree Time of 823 and a Func Time of 141. I also don't
understand the 4000 next to _Dmain, as it's only called once. If
anyone could clarify, or point me somewhere that explains it, I'd
appreciate it.