Environment variable for application storage under OSX ?

FreeSlave via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 17 00:14:23 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 16 July 2015 at 21:12:05 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> I have the following code, working under Win and Linux:
>
> ---
> import std.process: environment;
>
> immutable string p;
>
> static this() {
>     version(Win32) p = environment.get("APPDATA");
>     version(linux) p = "/home/" ~ environment.get("USER");
>     version(OSX) p = "?";
> }
> ---
>
> what would be the OSX equivalent (to get the path where the
> applications data are commonmly stored)?

Hello. You may take a look at this library
https://github.com/MyLittleRobo/standardpaths
OSX version uses Carbon though. You may want to use Cocoa API
(which is newer), but it's Objective-C.
Also you may consider standard path for data storage without
using any api or spec. It's usually $HOME/Library/Application
Support/ on OSX.