GLU in DerelictOrg

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 21 17:49:27 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 16:34:35 UTC, Spacen Jasset wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 15:17:13 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 14:51:47 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>>> Isn't glu considered legacy these days? I think it's entirely
>>> OpenGL 2.x. For the maths stuff see
>>> http://code.dlang.org/packages/gl3n
>>
>> Yep. It still uses immediate mode, GL matrix functions, and
>> all sorts of other stuff removed in OpenGL 3.1+ core.
>
> Yes, thanks John. I will be using the legacy mode though :-)
> Not got around to the wizz bang stuff yet.

I intentionally did not port the Derelict3 GLU binding to
DerelictOrg because it uses parts of the deprecated OGL API and
is considered legacy these days. Initially, I didn't include
support for the deprecated OGL API either, but there were enough
requests for it that I finally added it. I have no intention of
adding GLU, though. It's easily replaceable.