Changes on dynamic shared library writing

tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 13:27:42 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 19:41:14 UTC, tcak wrote:
> After a long time (Failed many times before), I checked the
> page http://dlang.org/dll-linux.html again. It shows a message
> on top saying that preliminary and subject to change.
>
> Exactly what changes are expected? Where can I learn about
> them? I would do tests again with dynamic library writing on
> Linux.

Still same problem. I copied and pasted the latest codes from
that web page. A D library, and a D executable is created. I
copied the libphobos2.so from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libphobos2.so to current directory.
Changed both of rpath values to "." to indicated local phobos
library.

Everything works correctly. Then I copied main, dll, and
libphobos to UbuntuMATE on VirtualBox. It runs on Live CD. Then
tried to execute main there. Result is as below:

./app.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
libphobos2.so.0.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

This was happening before and still same. I want to develop the
app and library, and copy it to web server where DMD won't be
installed. This is creating problem to me.