Compiling a DLL with DMC

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 29 22:33:31 PDT 2015

I'm trying to compile a DLL using DMC for use in a sample DMD
program, but the link stage keeps failing and I can't figure out
why. The C source:

```
#include <stdio.h>
#ifdef __DMC__
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <windows.h>

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HANDLE hModule, DWORD reason, LPVOID
lpReserved) {
     switch (reason)
     {
     case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
     case DLL_THREAD_ATTACH:
     case DLL_THREAD_DETACH:
     case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH:
        break;
     }
     return TRUE;
}

#endif

int some_c_function(int a) {
     printf("Hello, D! From C! %d", a);
     return a + 20;
}

```
The definition file:

EXPORTS
     DllMain
     some_c_function

The command line:
dmc -mn -WD dll-testing.cpp kernel32.lib clib.def

The errors:

OPTLINK : Error 180: No Match Found for Export/ENTRY -  : DllMain
OPTLINK : Error 180: No Match Found for Export/ENTRY -  :
some_c_function
OPTLINK : Warning 148: USE16/USE32 Mismatch : DGROUP
C:\dm\bin\..\lib\SNN.lib(dllstart)
  Error 83: Illegal frame on start address
OPTLINK : Warning 174: 32-bit Segments Inappropriate for 16-bit
Segmented output

OPTLINK : Error 81: Cannot EXPORT : DllMain
OPTLINK : Error 81: Cannot EXPORT : some_c_function
clib.obj(clib)
  Error 35: Cannot Reach TARGET from FRAME at Relative 00024H  from
  Segment _TEXT
  FRAME  = Frame of Group FLAT 0000
  TARGET = External Symbol _printf 001ACH
  FIXUPP Type = 32-bit Conditional JMP

I've tried ditching the def file and using __declspec(dllexport)
directly on the functions and got the same result. Does anyone
know how to compile a DLL with DMC?