Typed Message Passing between D Processes

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 03:24:59 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 05:53:48 UTC, yawniek wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 at 16:36:41 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> LDC:
>> Cerealed: 970 ms, 482 μs, and 6 hnsecs
>> MsgPack:  896 ms, 591 μs, and 2 hnsecs
>>

>> Not too shabby!
>>
>> Atila
>
> cool.
> what are the advantages of cereald over msgpack?

AFAIK, features. The kind of features I need/use to write
networking code and reduce the boilerplate to an absolute minimum.

> can you stream in packets with cereald too?

I don't know exactly what you mean. I've only used it to go from
network packets structs to bytes and vice-versa.

> cool thing about msgpack is that there exist libraries for many
> language.
> so we use it do actually store logs and then process them with
> other tools too.

I wrote cerealed for networking. You _can_ use it to convert
whatever else to binary, but its focus is easy networking.

Atila