string to char array?

Kyoji Klyden via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 04:59:56 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 11:46:25 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 10:21:20 UTC, Kyoji Klyden wrote:
>> Also the one part I don't understand is with &sources. So is
>> this passing sources as a reference, but sources itself is a
>> pointer to a pointer? I'm just a tad confused on how this part
>> works :S
>
> For some weird reason the function accepts an array of strings
> for shader source instead of one string. In C speak char* is a
> string, char** is an array of strings - that's passed to the
> function.

That's what I found so confusing about the opengl docs. Just
guessing here but char* is a pointer to the first char in the
string, then what exactly is char**? Is it pointing to the first
char of the first string in an array?

Does C/D just scrub through memory until it finds the end of an
array? Also what signifies an end of array, or any other
keypoints?

aaaaahh I have so many questions O_o