Debugging D in MonoDevelop, finding multiple gdb processes?

Rodger Beats via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 10 13:46:10 PDT 2015

I'm new to the language and new to using MonoDevelop and I've got
this persistent problem that I haven't been able to solve with
Google searching. I frequently test out my code as I write it and
every time I start it up a new gdb process will start running but
not terminate at the end of the program. Even a nothing program
like the following will start up a new gdb process that won't
terminate:

int main( string[] args ){
     return 0;
}

After testing out an application a few times I have to open my
process manager and clear out one gdb for every time I ran the
program. I'm using Linux Mint 17 x64.

Does anyone know how I can configure gdb to exit when a program
has exited successfully?