What is D's minimum requirements on Mac?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 00:18:23 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-10 20:55, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I'm still tempted to grab a used Mac so I can port my display stuff to
> Cocoa and test it, but Macs are outrageously expensive and I hate them,
> so want to spend as little as possible.
>
> What does dmd minimally require on a mac? If I got like a 10.5 would
> that work?

Maybe, but I wouldn't even try to run it on something lower than 10.6. I
haven't tried to run it on anything lower than 10.7 in a couple of years
but I would say 10.6 is the absolute minimum requirements.

I think we should considering making the requirement 10.7 or later, at
some point. Because in 10.7 Apple implemented native TLS. This is also
the minimum requirement for LDC.

I'm running a OS X 10.7 on Macbook from 2006, it's working perfectly
fine. Although the whole computer it's quite slow, it only has 2 GB of RAM.

As for running on a PC in a virtual machine, it's quite cumbersome to
do, but it's doable.

--
/Jacob Carlborg