char[][] to std::vector<std::string> - DIP or dmd-issue?

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 13 08:21:17 PDT 2015

Hello, everyone!

I like to work with arrays of strings like `string[] strArray`,
but unfortunately, they are immutable.

I do not like to work with arrays of strings such as `char[][]
strArray`, because it is necessary to apply the method .dup each
substring to make them work :)

I understand that the type of `string[]` to D is a simple data
type than `char[][]`, but it seems to me that the problem is
solved in C++:
std::vector<std::string> stdArray;

I wish to propose the creation of new types of data D: str, wstr,
dstr, which will be the analogs of C++ `std::vector<std::string>`.

I do not know whether it is possible to create in the D, but I
want to know where I write a sentence?
Can I file a dmd-issue, or should I create a DIP, because it is
too big improvement?