What is D's minimum requirements on Mac?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 13 22:03:05 PDT 2015

On 14/06/2015 12:32 p.m., Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 07:17:44 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I'm running a OS X 10.7 on Macbook from 2006, it's working perfectly
>> fine. Although the whole computer it's quite slow, it only has 2 GB of
>> RAM.
>

> Thanks everyone. A coworker says he is selling an old Mac of his from
> 2010 and it sounds like I can make D work, so I think I'm going to
> snatch that up and see about starting to officially support macs in my
> libs (beyond just "it is close enough to posix with x11" which is what
> I'm doing now)

OSX doesn't support X11 now.
It's called XQuartz and must be manually installed.

Oh and e.g. Derelict-GL/Derelict-Util doesn't play nicely in this act.
Been there done that. Resulted to using Objective-C code. But atleast
you can commit that static library to repo. Since you only need to
support x86_64 OSX Cocoa.