Calling DLL coded in D from Java

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 16 21:57:05 PDT 2015

On 17/06/2015 2:18 p.m., bitwise wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:47:03 -0400, DlangLearner <Bystander at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to know if it is possible to call an DLL coded in D from Java?
>
> What you're looking for is JNI (Java Native Interface).
>
> If you export your D functions correctly, as you have done(extern(C)
> export) then you can call them the same way you would a C DLL.
>
> This tutorial seems like it may have what you need:
> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/2876/JNI-Basics
>
>    Bit

Next time I stream at https://www.livecoding.tv/alphaglosined/ I'll be
working on a Java parser to make D and Java interop a lot easier in D.
Feel free to drop by and ask questions.

Normally I stream UTC+0 12pm Monday and Tuesday. But might stream
tonight. Follow me there or on twitter to get a notification of when I
stream.