Program exited with code -11

Charles Hawkins via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 01:54:05 PDT 2015

>>> ...I haven't had any success in compiling with anything but
>>> dub.  gdc, dmd, rdmd always give me "module mylib is in file
>>> 'mylib.d' which cannot be read" on my "import mylib;"
>>> statement. ...
>>
>> in dmd you have to pass
>> - the .lib/.a files a source
>> - the path to the lib source with '-I'. Sometimes when the
>> path is not well indicated you get the error you talk about.
>> This is because the '-I' path must follow carefully the
>> structure of the lib, e.g
>>
>> 'import myLib.package.moduleThis':
>> the '-I' must point to the folder that contains the folder
>> 'myLib'.
> dmd -I+/home/charles/projects/d/mylib/source/mylib/ myprog.d
> /home/charles/projects/d/mylib/build/libmylib.a
> Same result.
> myprog.d(4) Error: module mylib is in file 'mylib.d' which
> cannot be read
> Statement in myprog is:
> import mylib;

I used -v to imitate what dub is doing and that works, except
that I don't see any reference to the compiled library itself.
Apparently it is recompiling the library as well, which defeats
the main purpose of having a library in the first place.

And gdc doesn't seem to recognize std.experimental.logger which
is what I used in converting all my debugging code.  Sigh.