Help the old man learn D

Charles Hawkins via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 26 08:33:24 PDT 2015

On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 14:52:51 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 14:39:05 UTC, Charles Hawkins wrote:
>> Thanks.  I've changed to thread topic to "Help the old man
>> learn D". :)  logger package allows those statements to
>> compile with gdc although I'm now getting lots of errors
>> saying "undefined identifier format" even though I'm importing
>> std.format,
>
> I believe the `format` method used to be in `std.string` a few
> releases ago, try importing that one.

Thank you!  That explains why it wasn't flagging all of them
since some of my modules import std.string as well.

I think I've answered my own question regarding the callbacks as
well.  I realized that the only reason I made those sections of
code classes in OCaml, even though there would only be one
instance of them, was so I could do forward referencing.  I'm
hoping that I'll get function pointers instead of delegate
pointers if I convert the class back to a module.