Typed Message Passing between D Processes

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 26 13:24:05 PDT 2015

On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 11:13:11 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 10:23:26 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 09:06:18 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
>>>
>>> Why is a lower-level pipe needed, when we have pipe in
>>> std.process?
>>
>> well, that is the sort of lower level pipe I was referring to.
>
> Ok, thanks.

It should be easy enough to write so you can switch out the
transport protocol.  You could use something like nanomsg if you
are prepared to use a beta product.  I wrote some D bindings, but
they are pretty raw and haven't been used much except for tiny
applications.  Fantastic if you feel like giving them a try and
improving them.  However if you don't like them you can just call
nanomsg C api directly.  But nanomsg itself is still early stage.

http://nanomsg.org/index.html
http://java.dzone.com/articles/look-nanomsg-and-scalability
https://github.com/Laeeth/d-nanomsg