D constness: head & tail

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 2 03:51:58 PST 2015

On Monday, March 02, 2015 14:20:45 drug via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I'm just trying to study constness in D and periodically fails with it.
> Thanks for answer.
> Then I guess that constness in D is in the finished form, hasn't some
> pitfalls, won't be changed significantly in some future and so I just
> need to learn it and understand it?

Pretty much, yeah. const in D is what it's going to be. That involves some
pros and cons in comparison to what C++ has, so in some ways it's going to
be better, and in others, it's going to be frustrating in its restrictions
(e.g. it doesn't work with anything that would require the mutable keyword
in C++), but it's the way that it's going to be in D.

- Jonathan M Davis