Cycle detected between modules with ctors/dtors

rumbu via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 3 09:40:31 PST 2015

I encountered the following error:

First-chance exception: object.Exception Aborting: Cycle detected
between modules with ctors/dtors:
system.globalization -> internals.locale ->
system.runtime.interopservices -> system.io ->
system.globalization at src\rt\minfo.d(162)

Only one of the listed modules has a static contructor
(system.globalization) and that constructor doesn't use any
information from other modules.

The message is not too helpful, I have no clue where to start
searching for the error source, the source code has more than 25k
LOC. In fact, I don't believe this error is true, since I have
only two non-linked modules with static contructors.

Stack trace is also not helpful at all:

  	KernelBase.dll!7512f896
  	sharp.exe!_D2rt9deh_win329throwImplFC6ObjectZv() + 0x1c bytes	D

	sharp.exe!_D2rt5minfo11ModuleGroup9sortCtorsMFZ4sortMFKAPyS6object10ModuleInfokZv()
+ 0x27c bytes	D

	sharp.exe!_D2rt5minfo13rt_moduleCtorUZ14__foreachbody1MFKS2rt14sections_win3212SectionGroupZi()
+ 0xf bytes	D
>	sharp.exe!typeid(const(immutable(char)[]))() + 0xb020 bytes	D

Any hint is highly appreciated, at least I want to know where to
start searching.