Derelict Assimp not loading mesh properly? (Maybe index buffer)

Bennet via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 5 18:41:17 PST 2015

I wrote a custom OBJ file importer which worked fairly well
however was not robust enough to support everything. I've decided
to give AssImp a shot. I followed some tutorials and have set up
my code to read in the vertices, tex coords, normals, and indices
of an OBJ cube model that I have had success loading with my
custom importer. The cube model's faces do not render properly,
instead only rendering a few tri's of the cube. The way AssImp
handles the data is obviously a bit different than my solution
because the normals, positions/vertices, tex coords, and indices
do not match my custom solution. I would very much appreciate
some insight into why I'm having issues as all of the tutorials
I've found have matched my approach. If a picture of the faulty
rendered cube would be helpful I can work on getting a screenshot
up. Thank you.
My Asset importing class is at:
http://codebin.org/view/4d2ec4d3
The rest of my code is at (Mesh Class is in source/graphics):
https://github.com/BennetLeff/PhySim