embedding Pyd in Windows program

Ellery Newcomer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 07:21:14 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 09:38:45 UTC, Matt wrote:

> I used the "~>0.9.4" branch in dub, and I'm not sure how to
> change "configuration". Do you mean I should be using "~master"
> or "~develop"?

nope. configurations are a different thing.

you can set them in your project's dub.json. example:

https://github.com/ariovistus/pyd/blob/master/examples/dub/simple_embedded/dub.json

for your project, I think you'd want

"subConfigurations": {
   "pyd": "python34",
}

> as for the transferring the python3.dll, I downloaded and
> installed a fresh copy of the latest Python build, version 3.4,
> and copied the libraries from there. Even so, I had to add
> PYD_PACKAGE_DIR manually to get it to work.

PYD_PACKAGE_DIR is necessary for linking the OMF files found in
infrastructure/windows. hmm. why did it not Just Work?

> I'm not sure I'm going to be able to run the python snippet you
> sent, since my program, which currently opens a window for
> three seconds before closing again, doesn't even get that far,
> and chokes when I run py_init().

you can put it in the top of site.py