get from tuple by type

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 16:41:59 PDT 2015

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:30:48 +0000, Charles Cooper wrote:

> Not offended at all :), in fact it was not even my suggestion that it be
> included in the standard. I was just knee jerk reacting to the comment
> that, just because something is simple to do precludes it from getting
> standardized

ah, i see. but this has disadvantages too: it's hard to remember
everything the std has, and people will write simple things again and
again just 'cause it is faster than trying to find the corresponding
function in standard library. search is not of great help here too
(unless search engine can read programmer's mind and understand what he
really wants ;-).

and i still can't see when this can be handy. i'm almost sure that there
is a better way to do the thing programmer wants to achieve with such
code.