The difference in string and char[], readf() and scanf()

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 21 17:04:46 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 21 March 2015 at 23:00:46 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> To me, it looks like a bug somewhere, though I don't get where
> exactly.  Is it in bits of DigitalMars C/C++ compiler code
> glued into druntime?

As far as I understand, the bug is in snn.lib's scanf.

snn.lib is Digital Mars's implementation of the C standard
library (aka C runtime library or just C runtime). By default,
some version of the C runtime is linked into every D program, so
that you (and phobos and druntime) can use it. snn.lib is used
for Windows x86. For other targets, other implementations of the
C runtime are used (which don't have that bug).