OPTLINK Error 45 "Too Much DEBUG Data for Old CodeView format"

Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 22 07:26:06 PDT 2015

On 3/20/2015 1:35 PM, Koi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after some coding i needed to update some external libraries like
> DerelictSDL2. As we all know, one update isn't enough, so i
> updated my whole d-environment at the end of the day (current dmd
> version, VisualD).
>
> After getting rid of some linking errors (symbols undefined) i
> have only one error left:
> Optlink:
> Error 45: Too Much DEBUG Data for Old CodeView format
>
> i googled, but really can't figure out what this error is about.

This is due to a high amount of symbols in your code.

I fixed this almost a year ago in the optlink repository:

https://github.com/DigitalMars/optlink/pull/15

You should be able to download it on the digitalmars.com website under:

Digital Mars C/C++ Compiler Version 8.57 (3662658 bytes)

The link.exe file in the bin folder is up-to-date.