stdx.data.json - enhancement suggestions

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 1 07:19:25 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015 at 18:48:22 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Hi.
>
> What's the best way to pass the contents of a file to the
> stream parser without reading the whole thing into memory
> first?  I get an error if using byLine because the kind of
> range this function returns is not what the stream parser is
> expecting.
>
> There is an optional filename argument to parseJSONStream, but
> I am not sure what this is for, since it still requires the
> first argument for the input if the filename is passed.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Laeeth.

some more suggestions for enhancements here:
https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json/issues/12

a big advantage of languages like python is that there are
end-to-end examples of using the language+libraries to accomplish
real work.  (they don't need to be more than a screenful of code,
but for the newcomer having it all set out makes a big
difference).  since I believe a significant reason for people to
switch to D will be a realisation that actually CPU time isn't
free, it makes sense to be accommodating to people who previously
used scripting types of languages for these jobs.

Laeeth.