Reducing source code: weak+alias values in array

Artur Skawina via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 06:08:13 PDT 2015

On 05/02/15 05:28, Jens Bauer via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 03:21:38 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> For some reason, my build time has increased dramatically...
>>
>> Building with 1 vector takes 0.6 seconds.
>> Building with 2 vector takes 0.7 seconds.
>> Building with 4 vector takes 0.9 seconds.
>> Building with 8 vector takes 1.1 seconds.
>> Building with 16 vectors takes 1.7 seconds.
>> Building with 32 vectors takes 3.4 seconds.
>> Building with 64 vectors takes 12.4 seconds.
>> Building with 112 vectors takes 55.5 seconds.
>> Building with 113 vectors takes 56.7 seconds.

Apparently CTFE can be very inefficient sometimes -- compiler
issue. Can't think of a workaround right now; manually parsing
(instead of using mixins) might help, but that would make the
solution less obvious...

> Here's the source code for the file I'm building:
>
> http://pastebin.com/pCh9e7hQ

For some reason I was never really affected by the horrible
CTFE perf. For example, your code from that link, after a few
tweaks to get it to build, compiles in ~3s for me. (64 bit x86
linux gdc build)

artur