vibed: how to use pure HTML instead of template engine?

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 6 07:21:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 6 May 2015 at 14:07:09 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> I mean that I know that template can be changes dynamically,
> but I thought that 99% of dynamic is javascript code...

Templates are like PHP, JSP, LSP etc. They can do stuff on the
server side via embedded D code, load files for example. With JS
you cannot do this. I think you should also be able to access
variables set in query strings (?email=my at mail.com ...) and
process them. But I'm not 100% sure about the latter. The user
variables you get like this:

void customHandler(HTTPServerRequest req, HTTPServerResponse res)
{
   auto fields = req.query;  // => ["email":"my at mail.com"];
}

The drawback of templates is that you have to recompile them
after each change atm, which is not very dynamic.

Just have a look at http://vibed.org/templates/diet.