mscoff x86 invalid pointers

Baz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 02:44:50 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 06:21:11 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 00:16:28 UTC, Etienne wrote:
>> I'm trying to compile a library that I think used to work with
>> -m32mscoff flag before I reset my machine configurations.
>>
>> https://github.com/etcimon/memutils
>>
>> Whenever I run `dub test --config=32mscoff` it gives me an
>> assertion failure, which is a global variable that already has
>> a pointer value for some reason..
>>
>> I'm wondering if someone here could test this out on their
>> machine with v2.067.1? There's no reason why this shouldn't
>> work, it runs fine in DMD32/optlink  and DMD64/mscoff, just
>> not in DMD32/mscoff. Thanks!
>
> you can always use travis-ci to do such a job for you ;)

doesn't -m32mscoff recquire phobos to be compiled as COFF too ? I
think that travis uses the official releases (win32 releases have
phobos as OMF) so he can't run the unittests like that...

The dark side of the story is that you have to recompile phobos
by hand with -m32mscoff...I'm not even sure that there is a
option for this in the win32.mak...