how does 'shared' affect member variables?

Mike via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 12:38:05 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 18:41:59 UTC, bitwise wrote:

> Also, I wasn't able to find any thorough documentation on
> shared, so if someone has a link, that would be helpful.

Here are a few interesting links:

Iain Buclaw (lead developer for GDC) with his interpretation:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.739.1431034764.4581.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

Andrei Alexandrescu highlighting a critical flaw with `shared`
http://forum.dlang.org/post/lruc3n$at1$1@digitalmars.com

"The truth about shared"
http://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#The-truth-about-shared

Interesting deprecation warning in latest compiler (See compiler
output):
http://goo.gl/EGvK72

But I don't know what the semantics are *supposed* to be, and I
get the impression noone else knows either.  I'll be watching
this thread myself to see if someone can provide some insight.

Mike